- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 ripe Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and mashed
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup almondmilk, unsweetened, original
- 1 (15-oz.) can of unsweetened, puréed pumpkin
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
(Yields: 2 Loaves)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spoon flours into dry measuring cups and level with a knife. Whisk together with the baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, egg whites, avocado, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract and eggs in a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer at a high speed until blended.
- Add almondmilk and canned pumpkin, to liquid mixture, beating at a low speed until combined together.
- Add flour mixture to above mixture and beat at a low speed just until combined (don’t over mix).
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Coat two loaf pans (9×5-inch each) with cooking spray.
- Spoon batter into pans and fill half-way. Sprinkle almonds evenly over batter.
- Bake loaves for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes and then remove from pans and cool on wire rack.
Note: This recipe also can be used to make muffins. When baking in muffin tins, cook for 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces.
I’m thrilled to be designing recipes for the California Avocado Commission. Please look for my recipes and more on their website.
Join the newsletter
Has supermarket shopping become overwhelming? So many foods and so hard to choose!
Bonnie is here to help you with a FREE chapter from Read It Before You Eat It. You’ll learn all the latest tricky terms so that you won’t be duped when you walk down the aisle!
PLUS you’ll get her Ultimate Grocery Shopping List.